Friday, January 14, 2011

January 14th 2011

Yesterday was a good day eventhough the news from the doctors wasn't good.
In the morning I had dear friend who brought me a coffee latte. We had a good visit with her. Jason was having a pretty good day so that of course makes things a lot easier too.
Then in the afternoon I heard the news about Jason's neck! That was kinda discouraging although I did suspect that all was not right.
I hardly had time to think about it too much when I found out that Jackie was on her way. A little while later Jackie and Hannah, and Esther and Melissa walked in. It was so wonderful to see them! I walked with Jackie and Esther to the RMH for supper while Hannah and Melissa watched Jason. This was a lovely break with some dear friends. Thanks so much Hannah and Melissa for doing this. It meant a lot to me!!!
In the evening, William came to stay with Jason so that I could sleep at the RMH. I am so glad for this. I know that today might be a long day.
Jason is allowed no food/drink til after surgery. We are hoping for today. He is on the red list which means he goes in if there are any cancellations. If not, he will go in after all the scheduled surgeries for today are done. Last week Friday this was around 5:30pm.
So, we're playing the waiting game again.
I just hope that today really will be the end of the surgeries.
This will be the fifth time that they have opened up his neck. Alisa said in December already, "His neck looks like a pincushion".
I guess it doesn't really matter what it looks like as long as we can get the rest of the hardware out of his neck!
Please pray that God will open the eyes of the surgeon so that this piece of hardware will be seen easily and taken out simply.
Thanks again everyone for your prayers.
I will update as soon as there is something to say!

1 comment:

  1. I Said a Prayer for You Today

    I said a prayer for you today
    And know God must have heard.
    I felt the answer in my heart
    Although He spoke no word!

    I didn't ask for wealth or fame
    (I knew you wouldn't mind).
    I asked Him to send treasures
    Of a far more lasting kind!

    I asked that He be near you
    At the start of each new day;
    To grant you health and blessings
    And friends to share your way!

    I asked for happiness for you
    In all things great and small.
    But it was for His loving care
    I prayed the most of all!

    with lots of love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete