The Nurse Practitioner did some phoning and contacted an anesthetist who agreed to be there for Jason at 1:30.
We hung around the hospital which wasn't bad because Jason was so tired. When we got to the Diagnosatic Imaging area and I saw the anesthetist, I almost started laughing!! I wanted to ask her out of which Old Folks Home she got him!!! He must have retired 20 years ago! Well, this man was amazing. He was so gentle with Jason and treated him like the special boy that he is!! Jason was calm and did really well!
When Dr. Hader came, he said that the infection was coming from the site where the leads were wrapped around the nerve. When he took out the VNS, he left the plastic casings that were around the lead wires because they were so tightly wrapped around the nerve. Well, after 4 months they are the cause of the new infection! He is doing surgery later tomorrow afternoon to remove these. After this Jason needs IV antibiotics for 2-6 weeks depending on what bug they culture!
He said I could stay another night in Calgary because Jason doesn't really need to be admitted until after the surgery. I opted to go home because I need to pack a bunch of stuff for our stay there. I will be returning tomorrow morning. Thankfully, I do have a room in the Ronald McDonald House tomorrow night.
Thank-you all for your prayers and thoughts. I will try to keep you updated. Tomorrow night we should be in his room and I have a computer I can update on!
Take care and have a good night! I intend to ! :)
Dear Wilma, Jason and the rest of you,
ReplyDeleteSorry that Jason needs surgery again - but hopeful that good will come from it! We'll be thinking of you.
We are so sorry to hear that you are again in Calgary with Jason. Very thankful that your home and not still in Mexico. We will continue to keep you all in our prayers. Love you all.
ReplyDeleteDear Pronkies
ReplyDeleteWe are sorry to hear about Jason; how hard it must be to go through this all.. You are an amazing testimony of God's grace. Your posts still sound so cheerful, even though you must be completely spent. We will continue to pray for you all and may God keep you in His wonderful tender care.
Love Henriette