Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Winter is officially here!

Well, with no uncertain terms, Winter has proclaimed it's arrival!
I am not sure if everyone was expecting this blizzard, but we sure weren't.  I was thinking some big fat flakes falling down and accumulating to the 10 - 15 cm's predicted.
Last night it started with a bit of wind and light snow. The wind picked up and the snow became heavy. 
All night the wind howled and I could hear the snow pinging on the window.
I love sleeping with my window open, but Case had shut it before bed already so I left it. In the middle of the night, I opened it just a smidgen. After getting a face full of the white fluffy stuff, I cranked it shut real quick!
Jenn was working a late shift in Raymond so when I heard my cell phone beep me a text, I was very happy to see she had made it home safely. Thank-You Lord for safety.
This morning it was crazy!  The drifts were all over and it was still snowing and blowing like it would never quit.
Tonight it is snowing again.  The feed truck is sitting on the yard and hasn't moved for the last 1 1/2 hrs. The reason being; he's stuck! Apparently he was stuck on the Coulee hill in Lethbridge until 3 am this morning trying to dig himself out.  It must be tough for these guys.  Feed has to be delivered because animals are  hungry.  They have to be out in all kinds of ugly weather and never know what they will get when they drive onto a farmers yard. (like ours!) Well, he is unstuck now so hopefully he won't be home too late.
Amy, when you read this, I am sure you will pine just a little for the amazing Alberta storms!  
No??
Not even a little??
Well I guess I don't blame you, but I think nice clean snow beats what you are having there with the rainy season!!!  It must be so muddy at times.
Well, Amy, I love you and am trying to write quite a bit for you!

Oh, a quick story for you.
Jason went with Dad, Laura and Willy to the Oudshoorns to help Uncle Bill get the hot tub going.
They had carrot sticks and Jason said to Laura, "You want dip."
Laura said, "You don't need dip, you just eat them like that."
Jase said, "I really want dip!"
Laura said, "No, just eat it."
Aunty Jackie said to Laura, "He can have dip from me."
Laura said, "Ok, Jase, you'd better ask Aunty Jackie."
He said, "Aunty Jackie, I really want dip."
I guess it was quite the amount of words going on that evening.
We were all thankful for a couple of good hours.

Jase hasn't been that great the last week, although he did have some really good moments.
He has a cold and has had a few seizures. 
Ok, this post is just a blab session, so I will sign off and make Dad something warm for when he comes in from pushing snow.
Take care all!

No comments:

Post a Comment