You can understand then why William comes home from school and sometimes just crashes!!! William is with him from 8:30 am until 3:00 pm. I know this is awesome some days, but very challenging other days. What would we do without William!!!!!
But when he is in bed at night he says, "Mommy, come lay by you". So I go to lay with him in his bed. This makes him oh so happy. I tell him stories about God and how He made everything. I tell him how we sinned, need to repent and have to be forgiven. I tell him how God gave Jesus to die on the cross and we need to have Jesus in our hearts. etc. Then, when he is almost sleeping, he whispers, "thank'you for de cross". I don't know if this is just repeating what he has heard, and I don't think it matters. God has to work in his little heart the same as He works in ours. What makes us think it takes a different work of God in his heart just because he doesn't understand things?? God works understanding in all our hearts!!!! Thank you Father for letting us be a part in this very special child's life!! Work Your work in His heart and let him be a blessing to many.
You have the most lovely boy!! Something about laying down next to them when they need that time - I cherish every minute with Brody when he needs that also.
ReplyDeleteWe count our blessings every day!! A gift indeed.
Nicky
PS - and I love the big picture
What a blessing to read your post. That boy of yours, and your family, are all so special. So thankful that our gracious Lord is always faithful!
ReplyDelete