Tomorrow
June 17th, 2014
Jason's surgery date.
This has gone way too fast!
Tomorrow morning at 6:30 we need to have been through admitting and in day surgery. There he will get his wrist band, which he has never managed to keep on, and get a hospital gown, none of which fit him because he is a man size in a children's hospital, and we will be working on keeping him from getting upset.
From there we will go down to diagnostic imaging where he will be put under general anesthetic. There he will have an MRI done to map the brain. He will also have a PIC line or a Central line and an arterial line put in.
I don't know much about all this stuff but I will find out and update as the day progresses.
Case, Jase and I are going up to Calgary later today.
We will hopefully have a nice relaxing evening together.
Pray for calmness for all of us please.
This is one of the most challenging things I have ever faced and it scares me.
Pray that as we entrust him to the hands of the doctors and nurses, ultimately into the hands of the Lord, that we will be able to walk away without falling apart.
My Help Comes from the Lord
A Song of Ascents.
I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot be moved;
he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is your keeper;
the LORD is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.
(Psalm 121:1-6 ESV)
No comments:
Post a Comment