Sunday, January 27, 2013

OMA HAS TO POOP

Oh me Oh my!

Life with a special needs child is amazing!

Today, Laura had 'Jason duty' after church.

He was being really really good when all of a sudden things went South!!

He started running to the bathrooms.

Enter: ladies washroom!

Laura was 10 feet behind him, but when she opened the door he was no where to be seen.

"OH SHOOT"

Then she hears,

"Oma has to poop"

She looks in the stall and there he is, standing on top of the toilet looking into the next stall,

"Oma has to poop, Yup! Oma has to poop!"

Laura goes in and in her quietest angriest most threatening look and voice she says, "Jason get out of there right now"

"Oma has to poop"

Laura grabs him and wrestles him out of the stall and then the bathroom in a menacing and threatening whisper that is meant for his ears alone.

"JASON GET OUT OF THERE!!"

(com'on moms, we've all been there. Quiet voice but oh so threatening!)

As she's walking out, he looks back and says, 
"Yup, Oma has to poop"

Oh the joys!

When Laura told me, I was beside myself with laughter.  Tears were rolling down my cheek and as I write this, I am laughing once again.
Can  you imagine sitting on the throne and a 14 year old boy standing on the toilet in the stall next to you, looking over at you saying, "-------- has to poop!"

The innocence of these special ones.

Sorry Laura, I know you don't think this was funny in any way, but you are amazing!  You handled it so well!
I love you girl!

And, thank-you Lord that we can laugh at these things because realistically it's not funny at all having to deal with these kind of things.

Laughter truly is good medicine!


4 comments:

  1. Oh my - I laughed too! So thankful he chose a lady who is such a good sport!
    ~ Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can see it all now!! Yes - they bring laughter and tears!! How very special they are.
    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can see it so clearly!!! These children are so very special with bringing us so much laughter and purity!!
    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better oma than a young girl, I guess! Poor Laura!

    ReplyDelete