Please pray that God will use this in our lives to honor and glorify Him.
Having children is so rewarding. They give us some of our greatest joys.
How selfish and empty our lives would be without our dear children!
(I speak only for ourselves here)
(I speak only for ourselves here)
Having said that, having a child with a disability is exceptionally special.
How blessed we are that God has chosen to gift us with this amazing son of ours.
Some of our greatest joys have come from watching him do things that just don't come naturally to him.
The first time he held a marker and actually knew what to do with it is a moment we will never forget.
This was probably 9 or so years ago, but he picked up this marker, took the lid off and made scribbles with it!
We laughed and cried together!
"Did you see that?"
"Good job Buddy!! You are so smart!!"
It didn't matter at all that it was a black sharpie or that his medium was the lino floor!
We just rejoiced together at this huge accomplishment of our oh so smart son and brother!
The marks were there for a long time and yes, we had to teach him that paper was a better place to put marks on, but every time we looked at that floor, we just smiled.
God is good!
The other night I was sitting in the living room and I hear,
"Mommy"
I ignore it.
Then I hear again,
"Mommy"
I head out to his bedroom and he grabs my hand and makes me sit by his bed
"Hi Mom"
'Hi my Sunshine"
I ask him,
"Do you love Mommy?"
He looks at me and gives me that smile that only Jason can give and says,
"Love Mommy"
Man, the love that spills out of my heart then for this boy is crazy!
He just has a pure innocence about him at times that amazes me.
It makes me humble to think that God is allowing us to experience, love and raise up this child.
Are there challenges?
YOU BET THERE ARE!!!
I can't even get started on them right now because I really need to go to bed.
I would be up all night writing and wouldn't even get done.
However, God has given us joyful hearts, patient actions, loving attitudes and a calm spirit. (Most times)
All we can say is, "All Glory be to God on High!"
What an amazing God we serve!
No comments:
Post a Comment