Also, I remembered what happened and was just a tad leery! We had awful weather and the job ended up taking a bit longer than we expected!
But........when Wilene heard that Laura had gone with Case she was pretty upset. We then decided that I would drive up with Wilene, Jason and Romeo. We got there around 6:30 Friday evening. Ryan was still working. At around 10:00 there was a tap on the kitchen window. There was Ryan on his horse. I quickly got a coat on and took a five minute spin around the yard. (got my riding fix for a little while!)
It was so nice to see Alisa in her own little house. We had a good time together. And thankfully, Jason slept through both nights!!!!!!
The weather was so beautiful on Saturday. Wilene had a ride with Maurice, (ryan's boss) which she quite enjoyed!
I saw them ride away and around the corner. After about 15 minutes, I heard a horse cantering! I thought, "Oh no, I hear the horse. I wonder where Wilene is!!" Well, there she came, galloping around the corner, happy just to be on a horse. It kinda brought back a few memories!!!!
Saturday was Ryan's day off so we went to a horse auction in the afternoon. Ahhhh..........the smell of auction barns!!!!!! I could have stayed all day!!! Something I have loved since I was a little girl. I still talk to my dad about the auctions we used to go to together. Me with my little hand in his big one!!!
On Saturday night when it was dark, Wilene and Ryan went out to rope a cow!! Well......kind of a cow!! A dummy head stuck in a bale of hay!
Ok, you've got to hear this. How do you know if someone is a REAL cowboy?????
You take a saddle stand
and sit on it like this
to rope THIS!!!!
which actually is this stuck in a bale!
Well, on Sunday morning Wilene got one more quick ride in before we had to go to church.
After church we headed home. I felt kinda lonely since all the kids wanted to drive with Dad. I guess this just shows how important a Dad is in a kids life!!!! Mom didn't quite cut it!! But that's ok. I'm just glad they have a wonderful Dad that they love to spend time with!
Well, that's all for now!
Hi Wilma,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing - glad it worked out well!