Friday, September 3, 2010

Sept. 3rd 2010

Mom and Dad, if you read this, I hope you are having  wonderful time on your holidays.  I will try to keep you posted on what's going on here.
So......how can we tell for sure that Jason is getting better?  Well, if he starts running away again, I'd say he's on the mend!!  Yesterday Wilene put our big stroller together and was giving him rides down the road which he quite enjoyed!  Then last evening we were working in the back yard and he disappears!  I take the van and head for the 7-11 and Case goes the other way.  The girls are checking all the rooms at the house and the alley behind.  Then they check the neighbors backyards. (I knew there was a reason we had so many kids!!)  Case calls a little later, "I found him!"
He had taken the stroller, wheeled himself down the road and was just having a grand old time!  Someone who lives on the next block who also has a child with autism saw him.  She said, "I kept looking for one of his sisters to be behind him but there was no one". "I saw him get out of the stroller and push it out onto the road". "I went to run after him and then I saw Case come around the corner".  We have so many neighbors who look out for him.  They know he is not supposed to be on his own and if they see him they will go to him or come tell us that he is gone! Once when I was gone to Lethbridge, one of the neighbors followed him to the park.  Watched him play for quite a while and then they were on their way home.  This all happened before the girls realized he was gone!! The neighbor said she tried to turn him around, but he refused so she just followed him and hung out with him until we found them!

1 comment:

  1. feeling better brings its moments! what a rascal. I'm glad for you that you have such a wonderful group of neighbors to be some extra eyes. A while ago we heard an excellent sermon on angels. I'm sure there's no doubt in your mind that God is very gracious in supplying the angels that watch over Jason!

    ReplyDelete